Woodland Indians Forum

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Oct-27-2010 05:45:pm

bls926
Administrator

Cherokee History Timeline

CHEROKEE HISTORY TIMELINE 

There are many places on the Internet to read about Cherokee history.  I have used some of them as sources for this timeline.  But, it is also composed of information I have viewed at Cherokee historical sites from Cherokee, North Carolina to New Echota, Georgia to Tahlequah, Oklahoma.  I have also interspersed the text with photos I have taken at these various places.  Like most histories, not all sources agree on every detail and I have endeavored to reflect that in notes, or through the way in which I have worded a description.  I have tried to accurately and truthfully depict the last few hundred years of our history, as is a part of my mission statement.  However, this is not intended to be a scholarly work.  It comes to you through the eyes and heart of an artist, who has heard the whispers of ancestors he did not know, and has not verified.  This has always been a response to the call of my Creator, taken on faith as a journey with purpose, and a connection within Spirit, beyond the realm of government IDs.

http://www.wsharing.com/WScherokeeTimeline.htm

Board footer