Woodland Indians Forum

You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 Jan-30-2010 07:26:am

tree hugger
Site Admin

State Senate Democrats urge Gov. Paterson to tax cigarettes

Full Article: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/bro … t_pay.html

State Senate Democrats lit a fire under Gov. Paterson Thursday to collect taxes from cigarettes sold on Indian reservations.

The group argued that bootleg cigarettes bought at Indian reservations and sold on the street at a steep discount cost city bodegas, grocery stores and newstands $250 million a year in lost business - and $30 million a week in lost state tax revenue.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/bro … z0e67xeE5p

#2 Jan-30-2010 11:13:am

Chevy

Re: State Senate Democrats urge Gov. Paterson to tax cigarettes

Oh hella yes. Lawmakers, such as the Gov. of Texas, and Pres. Obama, whom I voted for, say no new taxes, but what they REALLY mean is no new taxes on certain ppl, or certain things, and what they REALLY mean, is if we tax the hella out of you, we want to hide it! sadmadroll Texas went from $8. dollars a carton cigarettes, to $50.---$60. dollars carton cigarettes! Thanks to taxes, and now we have an idiot: Medina running for Republican Governor, and because ppl are tired of the ones who have been in office, i.e. Gov. Rick Perry, and Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson, Medina is getting traction all over the others, with Republicans! & what does Ms. Medina propose? to do away with "property taxes" , and instead inact an overall sales tax, which will be 10 to 14 %! in other words, taxes will be paid by the poor!
My thinking is starting to change to neither party, nor any other other party cares one iota for anybody except the rich. sadhmmmadroll

I think in the next National election, God help us, because ppl are going to be tired of the persons in office, because ppl want a quick fix, and some real idiots  will be elected. People believe what they want to hear. sad

#3 Jan-30-2010 11:15:am

Chevy

Re: State Senate Democrats urge Gov. Paterson to tax cigarettes

State Senate Democrats lit a fire under Gov. Paterson Thursday to collect taxes from cigarettes sold on Indian reservations.

Just leaves a bad taste in your mouth, doesn't it? mad

Board footer